Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell 2013

2013 was quite the year.  I started it off just like any other year.  I was in love with my boyfriend and eager to spend another year with each other.  We had our little home together with Muhka.  We had a great group of friends and our amazing families.  We had a great life together.  Weekend trips, dinner parties, movie dates - everything was great.

Summer came and on it's way out it left with a bang.  My relationship was over.  My life - how I was used to it, was over.  It took awhile for me to move on and get back to a "new normal", a new me.  If you've kept up and read my previous posts you already know where I'm going with this and what I'm going to say... surrounding yourself with loved ones in hard times help make those hard times turn into easier and happier times.  I'm unbelievably blessed to have everyone in my life who has helped me take those steps towards happiness.

So 2013, you started off great, had a rough middle, and are ending better than ever.  I now have a new love of my life... myself!  I'm finally learning to love myself, the good, bad, hostile, happy, sad and always clumsy parts of myself.  And I'm learning that other people love those parts about me too.  I'm very excited to see where 2014 leads me and who comes in and out of my life throughout my journey.  Cheers 2013, thank you for helping me grow up, learn to love, and learn to live.  Thank you, for everything.

My New Years Resolution: To live my life as beautifully and boldly as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment