Friday, May 23, 2014

Humerus Update

I had my follow up appointment on Wednesday.  It's been about 10 weeks since I broke my arm and about 4 weeks out of a cast!  My bones are healing correctly which is great! - however now there is a concern with my nerves.  A "fuse" is blown from my spine that sends signals to my left arm.  I start occupational therapy 3x a week to try to get things moving and the "fuse" turned back on. 

My first OT appointment was yesterday.  I really like my therapist and she was happy with the limited ranger of "motion" I have already.  We did some tests and stretches and then she taped my shoulder and arm up to help realign my shoulder, muscles and nerves.  I have at home exercises to help regain strength and motion.


I asked my therapist if she had any inkling of a time frame of how long I'll be rehabbing my arm.  Her response: You're in for a very long rehab.  

That's all for now, enjoy the benefits of being able to use both of your arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment