Friday, November 22, 2013

Was It Worth The Pain?

I'd like to start this entry off by having you read this article:

... Now that you've read the entire article and the wheels in your head are turning (you're welcome), here's where this article has left me...

I've recently been thinking about all the pain I felt after my break up... for the first time ever in my life I felt what real "heart-ache" feels like.  It was awful.  It hurt more than words could ever describe.  My heart literally hurt, I can remember holding onto my chest in pain thinking this was the worst pain I've ever felt - and I was right.

The article asks What Pain Do You Want? - Being able to look back on it now and remember just how painful it was and the dark place it took me too... it wasn't worth it.  For me, the pain was not worth it, and the fact that I can see that now is really helping me heal. 

I'm not saying I regret the relationship or anything at all like that, it's actually the exact opposite.  It was an amazing 6 years together, but at the end, for me... the pain was just not worth it.

I shared these realizations that I came to with a friend and then decided to share them with all of you also.  I know my past entries I've really been pushing for you all to enjoy your journeys, because that's what is important and I still whole-heartedly believe that...

I imagine this will be a journey that doesn't necessarily "end" but that transforms into something new and exciting for me... 

I hope you all stick around to see where it leads me to next... xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment